Wednesday 30 September 2015

Mallorca - Alcúdia

I'm sorry I haven't put up a post in a while, everything has been a bit manic since I got back from my holiday, and I haven't had the energy to sit down and blog. After a couple of really rubbish days, that have left me feeling pretty hurt and angry, I have felt even less like blogging, but I need a pick me up, and I can't think of a better thing to help me keep feeling positive, than reliving my beautiful holiday!

We stayed in Port d'Alcúdia on the North East coast of Mallorca. I had spent weeks looking into places to go and knew all the places I wanted to see across the island, but I knew for certain I wanted to see Alcúdia's old town, surrounded by roman town walls, and filled with gorgeous little lane ways, lovely old buildings painted in various pastel shades, with bold contrasting window shutters (I love window shutters!)  It's a tiny part of the town but I loved it!






That first night, Ciarán and I had dinner in the old town, we went to Ca'n Costa, such a wonderful restaurant! The food was amazing, the staff were so friendly and really helpful, and the courtyard out the back where we were sitting was just so lovely, I wish we had building design like this in England, although I suppose it wouldn't feel that same if we had it at home, anyway it was a lovely location and the surroundings gorgeous, combined with fantastic food, what more could you want?!







Ciarán eventually got fed up with me constantly pointing a camera at his face...




After both of us had definitely had a bottle glass more wine than we should have, we stumbled back to our hotel.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© FABSICKLE. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig