Friday 12 June 2015

Race For Life


Last weekend my sister and I took part in the Race For Life, it was a glorious day for it! The sun was shining, everyone was in high spirits, and we were late! But we managed to catch up the crowd, and cross the finish line! It's a fantastic cause, and a lot of fun! Also let's not forget you get a medal no matter how slow you go! It's win win!


We were very warm, sweaty and completely ready to go home and relax in the sunshine in the garden! The sunshine was too good to waste, so we decided to walk home along the river and enjoy the warmth.

It was such a lovely walk, CiarĂ¡n and I moved to the area at the end of last summer, and we haven't had the opportunity to really explore the lovely walks through the Richmond greenery. I have always loved exploring and finding new places!


Looking at these photos, it's hard to believe they were taken in London! After spending my working week in the city it's so nice to be able to get out in the fresh air and the city-countryside, especially when the weather is as nice as last weekend!

The walk was great, but we were on the wrong side of the river, and there was no bridge for quite a while, so we were very pleased when we stumbled across this...


We each paid our fare, and hopped on the little ferry boat across the river.


I like to believe that there has been a boat crossing there for centuries :)

When we got back to the shops we picked up some cheese, bread, olives and cold meats and skipped back to my garden to bask in the sun before my sister and her boyfriend had to go back to Brighton.

All this on and off sunshine is making me want a holiday! I have to get one booked soon, I really want to lounge about on a beach with a cocktail in hand and really good book! Are you with me?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© FABSICKLE. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig