Thursday 27 August 2015

NEW CAMERA!!

So trick is in the name of this post...I have a new camera!

I've wanted a 'proper' camera for years, but never felt like I could get one because I wouldn't know how to use it. I finally started learning about all things camera/ tackling the basics, and it got to the point where I was never going to learn unless I had something to learn on. So after being fairly spurred on just by having this blog and all the photos I have been taking because of it, I took the plunge! This camera (Nikon D3200) seemed like the least scary of them all! I was assured by many websites and camera type people that for a beginner who really  has no camera knowledge this one would be fairly straight forward. It has enough functions on it to keep me learning for a long time. To be honest at the moment I can't see myself ever needing anything more complex.

There is a newer model of this camera, the D3300, but I was on a bit of a budget so I went for the older model. I bought a manufacturer refurbished body, and a new AF-S 35mm 1:1.8G lens.

It's been great so far, everything is fairly intuitive on it, it's a lovely size and weight. It feels great to hold and shoot with, which I am really particular about, things have to feel nice to use or I'm not interested. I knew the photographs would be a lot better quality taken on this than on my small point and shoot, but wow! I didn't realise how much of a difference it would make! Ordinary photos that I would have taken just look so amazing on this! I can't wait to see my photography skills improve and the effect it will have on my photos!

The novelty of the camera hasn't worn off yet and I'm taking it everywhere with me! for the first week or so that I had it I didn't have a case for it so was too frightened to take it out of the house, so there have been A LOT of photos of Ciarán's face! Poor boy has been very tolerant of having his every move photographed! But we're going camping in the New Forest this weekend with my (newly engaged!!!!!) sister and her fiancé, who is pretty nifty with a camera so I'm going to force ask him to help me!

Anyway I thought I'd share a few of the first pictures I have taken with my lovely new toy!







(Search Edible Abingdon, It's a really cool scheme!!)



This is only a fraction of the photo's I have taken! But they're my favourite!

x




Follow my blog with Bloglovin
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© FABSICKLE. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig