Monday 21 December 2015

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

A couple of weekends ago I visited my sister in Brighton and we got Christmas crafting to get us in the festive mood!


 We made decorations, drank mulled wine that we had bought from Middle Farm near Lewes and baked gingerbread men!





Mmmm yummy mulled cider! My absolute favourite! I love it when it gets to this time of year and I can drink mulled cider wherever I go!







Once the gingerbread men were in the oven will relaxed with a glass of mulled cider each and a Christmas record on in the background!


 (It was a bit too hot to sip...)

I went home full of Christmassy spirit and the fun didn't stop, because the next day was tree day! Tree day is my absolute favourite! I adore having a real christmas tree, and was always a little sad about the artificial one we had a uni, so when Ciarán and I moved in together I made it very clear that we would be having a real tree no matter what!

Ciarán and I walked down to the little garden centre at the end of the road and picked out goodun. On went the lights (with a lot of grumbling and feet stamping, I'm not very patient) and then the decorations, it wasn't long before our living room was filled with the scent of pine and the glow from the fairy lights, and I was an extremely happy bunny!


Once the tree was decorated I wasn't ready to pack in the Christmas cheer so I made some Christmas cakes and I have never been so proud! I'm beginning to really like baking, and getting these right really was the icing on the cake... Oh dear...I'll stop before it gets worse!


(By the way, both the cupcakes and the gingerbread men came from Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities!)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© FABSICKLE. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig