Tuesday 16 August 2016

Brunch, Wine and Dirty Burger... The Perfect Day!


It's actually quite rare that I venture into Central London and since I live so close, I have started thinking I need to start taking advantage of the ease with which I can get into town and experience all that London has to offer. And by this I mean food, obviously!

My uni friend Lydia and I have been meaning to meet up for such a long time, in fact we didn't realise until we did finally meet that it had been almost a year since we'd last seen each other, which quite frankly is a disgrace! We met for brunch on a Saturday (you can still call it brunch if it's after 12 but you're eating brunch food right?) and meandered down to Bermondsey Street in search of food and decent coffee!


We found Village East, and it was everything we were hoping for! Just a simple eggs Benedict would have put a smile on my face, but this place does avocado and feta Benedict... I mean, let's just take a moment to read that again slowly...Avocado and feta Benedict!!!!! Avocado on anything is excellent, but avocado with feta, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce, holy moly I thought I was going to cry just reading it! So my food order was pretty much set from the moment I set eyes on this option.


Look at it! Isn't it a beauty! 

Picking what I wanted to drink was another matter - I seem to have developed a rather pesky caffeine addiction, more specifically in the form of coffee. But the juices were just so damn tempting! On the one hand I had coffee which was almost certainly going to be good, and would stop the inevitable caffeine headache I was going to get if I didn't have my fix, and on the other a fresh cleansing juice. As always in these situations I chose not to choose, I ordered both! The only right choice in my opinion!



There was a lot of quiet from us once the food arrived, a few mmms and smiling nods at each other acknowledging the goodness of our brunch. 

With our tummys full and our hearts happy we sat back and had the good old catch up we had planned. It's amazing how good it is to just sit with a friend and laugh and talk about the ridiculousness of life.  We slurped up the last of our juices and skipped out into the lovely summer sun. London really is gorgeous when the sun shines!

We said our goodbye's promising not to leave it so long next time, and I hopped on the northern line to King's Cross to meet another friend of mine, Mimi. I don't know if you've been up to King's Cross lately, but the regeneration works they've been doing are really great! There is a pretty good bar in Granary Square called The Lighterman, it has a lot of outside space and is a really nice place to sit out in the sunshine with a glass of wine and that is exactly what we did.



A bottle of wine and a lot of sun later, my thoughts turned to food once more. Mimi suggested going to Dirty Burger in Camden, since I'll never turn down the opportunity to try a good burger off we jolly well went! And what a burger it was! I think I might be one of the last people in London to have not been to this place, and I can't for the life of me work out why I hadn't tracked it down sooner. I love my burgers pink, juicy and cheesey- this burger ticked all those boxes and paired with a camden pale ale I was in foodie heaven! If I am wrong and I'm not the last person to try this place, all I can say is go. don't think about it and don't wait, just go.




So long story short my day was spent with two gorgeous friends on a beautiful sunny day in London, filled with really great food! Does it get any better than that? 

No, I didn't think so!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© FABSICKLE. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig