Thursday 14 December 2017

Celebrations and Party Dresses

In Collaboration With Tobi Clothing

If you saw my last post then you know that I have been getting all kinds of festive with a few new items of clothing kindly given to me by Tobi clothing. When I was browsing through their site I came across this sweet burgundy lace skater dress and knew it was the perfect little dress for the festive season.


With the birthday of one of my best friends coming up it couldn't have arrived at a better time. When I tried it on it was a little looser round the waist than I usually like so I tied a black thin chiffon scarf around my waist to cinch the dress in a little more (in hindsight I should have ordered a small rather than a medium), this also helped to break up the block of Burgundy. I chose to wear tights with it because I could hear my grandmother tutting at the thought of me having bare legs in winter. Also let's be honest it December, it snowed that night and I'm not totally insane! I slipped on my trusty black suede wedge ankle boots (soooo comfy!). The dress is quite low cut, and in the lead up to the party I was torn between wearing it as it was meant to, and pinning it to feel a little less like I might fall out at any given moment. In the end once I lightened the spaghetti straps I felt comfortable and strapped in enough to wear it without pinning. But because it has that wrap look to it, it is very easily pinned if you dont fancy risking a nip slip! Finally I paired it with my leather jacket from Mango to add a nice masculine contrast to the very feminine laceyness, and a big ol scarf to keep me warm!


I was running ridiculously late for the dinner as per usual, but as Laura is more often than not later than I am, I basically turned up right on time, regardless of technically being a half hour late. Dinner was at Suburb SW11 by Clapham Junction, it had a really nice vibe to it, and because it is also a bar we happily stayed where we were for drinks as well. 



This time of year I don't often get to see much of my friends as I tend to feel like I end up on tour around the UK visiting family, so this was a really lovely opportunity to relax and spend time with friends during the festive period. 


Although as all December babies will know, it's easy for your birthday celebrations to be lost in the whirlwind of Christmas. We had to make sure we helped Laura see in turning 27 and no birthday is complete without a mildly/ very embarrassing public display of singing loudly and a cake that looks like it might take off at any moment!


Outfit
Burgundy Skater Dress - Tobi Clothing
Black Belt - Asos
Black Suede Ankle Boots - Similar Next
Raspberry Clutch - Katie Loxton

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© FABSICKLE. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig