Saturday 19 October 2019

Autumn Musings


The weekends have been quiet. The temperature seems to be dropping by the day and Autumn is making her presence known with the vibrant fiery leaves on the trees.



I've already begun lighting the fire some evenings, one of my favourite things to do. The cat is spending more time indoors on our laps or picking seemingly odd spots on the floor to curl up on, a sure sign of the presence of a radiator pipe. Candles are being lit, fairy lights switched on and I am rarely seen without some form of knitwear about my person.

I love this season. I love the smell of cold mornings, the sound of the rain when I'm all wrapped up inside with a steaming mug of tea. I love to cook tagines and pies and spicy bean stews. I love knitwear, and coats and big voluminous down duvets. I love the sound of the fire crackling away while I read a book, red wine in hand, curled up on my grandparents old leather arm chair that now calls my dining room home. I love the slow, gentle creep into winter.




We've been spending some time over on the allotment plot. There isn't a lot for us to be doing there at the moment, but it is nice to be out of the house, getting some fresh air and disconnecting from the urban world. I can't wait to be able to start growing things!

A small gripe is the rain. I have so far been lucky enough to miss the worst of it on my morning cycles on my way to work. It's been my evening cycles home where I get caught in torrential downpours. My rain coat does a great job of keeping my top half dry, but my legs are soon soaked through, right down to my socks. This side of the day isn't so bad though, I get to go straight up to the bathroom, peel off my sodden clothes and get straight into a hot shower to warm myself through.

It's so easy to complain about the weather at this time of the year, it tends to be wet and unpredictable. But then you get a morning like today, the air is crisp, the skies are blue, and the slowly lowering sun is shining golden with just a hint of warmth. It's just magical.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© FABSICKLE. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig