Friday 2 September 2016

Boohoo Poor Me

First of all I should begin by apologising. If the title of the post didn't tip you off, this is a bit of a moan-y post


I know I should be writing about my lovely weekend camping over the bank holiday weekend in the New Forest, and I promise I will. But for now I'm feeling a bit rubbish and I guess I just need to vent.


I went to the dentist the other day, after not having been for a little while because quite honestly it scares the living daylight out of me. After the standard awkwardly trying not to make direct eye contact while someone stares and prods metal implements into your wide open mouth, he took some x-rays, pondered a little and then gently and as kindly as he could informed me that I require 9 fillings... Yes you read that correctly. 9. NINE! I almost fell off the ugly, plastic medical chair. This information by itself was pretty horrific, but then he dealt me an even bigger blow... Each filling will cost me £170. Yes, that is a grand total of £1,530!

I had to mentally take a hold of myself and remind myself that I am an adult (apparently) and it is not OK to cry at the dentist anymore.

He showed me each tooth with a fancy camera, explained the problems, kindly told me it wasn't necessarily my fault (although I'm sure me putting off going to the dentist didn't help!) that my teeth have developed with very deep grooves, and it would be extremely difficult, if not almost impossible for me to clean these deep grooves, and needing fillings was almost inevitable. Now I'm not sure if this was a lie made so that I didn't cry or not, but either way it doesn't make £1530 worth of dental work any easier to swallow (pun intended).

I felt like stamping my feet and shouting "this isn't fair!" until I was red in the face like a toddler throwing a tantrum. Instead of doing this, I put on my best 'I'm an adult' impression, thanked him and cycled home. Where I promptly cried my eyes out. A few of my friends have shared similar stories with me, which made me feel a little less like a failure. 

I can pay for the work on a payment plan over the space of a year, which makes paying for the work do-able on my graduate salary, but it scuppers my plans for saving to buy a house, which is super annoying.

Sorry there isn't really a happy ending to this. I just have to accept that being an adult sucks sometimes, get the work done and pay the cost. I fully intend on feeling sorry for myself at lease until Monday, and maybe re-watching Jenna Marbles 'I hate being a grown up' video over and over again.

Right... That's about enough of that. Sorry for the whiney post, the next one will be more positive, promise! I just don't have the heart to be peppy right now, so thanks for letting me rant. I shall leave you now with this very cute picture I found on Pinterest...


Love Fabienne - The girl whose teeth hate her.







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© FABSICKLE. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig